CPD Badging helps employers, training providers and those offering other CPD activities to ensure that these activities support continuous professional/practice development and learning that strengthens community work practice. CPD badging also builds confidence in the provision for prospective participants.
AIEB Criteria for Quality Assuring (‘Badging’) CPD
This is a quality assurance process undertaken through assessment in relation to an agreed set of criteria. Providers whose initiatives are recognised by AIEB as meeting the criteria will be able to use the AIEB ‘Badge’ to support promotion. Badged CPD initiatives will also be promoted on the AIEB website.
(The AIEB CPD badging process will be reviewed at the end of 2023).
The Quality Assurance Criteria
- Have clear and appropriate learning outcomes and objectives referenced to knowledge, skills and qualities under 1 or more of the
- Core Values as outlined in the All-Ireland Standards for Community Work
- Identify a clear target audience
- Benefit from appropriate professional expertise, subject specialist input and community work knowledge
- Include good quality content that is current, timely and relevant to community work practice
- Use appropriate and engaging learning and development tools and methods
- Provide a learning schedule and agenda
- Ensure a minimum time allocation of 3 hours
- Maintain appropriate records of attendance and completion
- Accommodate learning needs and special requirements
- Undertake monitoring/evaluation
Find out more
To find out more about AIEB Badging for CPD, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an initial conversation.